Many of our patients arrive at Regency Hospital with multiple infections, a high incidence of resistant organisms, and an increased risk for new and recurrent infections. The infection may be related to critical or chronic illness, inadequate nutrition, multiple organ dysfunction, or post-surgical complications. We focus on resolving the infection while meeting the patient’s additional medical needs.
In Regency Hospital's smaller environment, we are able to give our patients their best chance of recovery by providing early and aggressive nursing and respiratory care. We combine that care with nutritional support, medication management, and rehabilitation therapies. Our Infectious Disease Program uses evidence-based protocols which are highly effective and consistent with or exceed national guidelines.
By combining experience, state-of-the-art technology and unparalleled training, our doctors, nurses and therapists provide a team approach for those with complex medical conditions requiring an extended hospital stay.
Our services include:
- Daily physician visits
- Low patient to nurse ratios
- CDC based guidelines and protocols
- Antibiotic Stewardship program
- PT, OT, ST to promote strengthening
- Clinical Dietician and nutritional counseling
- Radiology and laboratory services
- Clinical Pharmacy
Patients may need:
- Respiratory care, including ventilator weaning and tracheotomy care
- Telemetry and other specialized monitoring
- IV medications and critical drips
- Chest tubes
- Wound Care
- Prolonged IV antibiotics
- Post-operative care
Who will benefit?
Patients referred to Regency Hospital may be:
- Bloods stream infections
- Wound infections
- Surgical site infections
- Pulmonary infections
- Recurrent infections